About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
The Software Developer/Engineer will develop, configure and test SaaS and PaaS based solutions. This Software Developer/Engineer will engage in identifying, designing, installing, and testing a software solution for our clients.
• Verify accuracy of user stories with legacy system SMEs
• Configure Software in SaaS/PaaS to meet acceptance criteria outlined in product backlog
• Write technical user stories related to design and architecture of system
• Work with other developers/engineers and System Architect
• Conduct unit testing and peer code reviews
• Participate in Daily Scrum Meeting, Sprint Planning and Product Demonstrations
• Build and deploy software in development and testing environments
• Troubleshoot application, server, and system related incidents
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience developing/engineering on the Salesforce platform
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience performing customizations on the Salesforce platform
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience providing integration experience with internal applications and external cloud applications
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience and certification with public cloud providers e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, tools, and cloud methodologies
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in application deployments
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience agile software development methodologies
• Ability to understand both the service delivery system for programs which are administered by states and monitored by federal regulators.
• Ability to understand and be an expert in complex federal regulations and requirements.
• Strong Microsoft Office applications skills, especially data analytics (i.e. ACCESS, SQL, SPSS)
• Ability to use sound judgment in completing tasks and to seek guidance when needed.
• Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
• Ability to move projects forward within a specific timeline and budget while working at a detailed level.
• Commitment to exceptional client service.
• Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
• Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
• Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
• Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current business issues.
• Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
• Excellent business writing skills and ability to make presentations to various audiences.
• Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ experience required and Master’s degree (MPA or government focused MBA) preferred
Experience: 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience with enterprise tools, such as Customer Relationship Management (Salesforce preferred), ERP and other COTS solutions
• Thinking strategically about projects and taking a proactive approach to identify and mitigate risks
• Look at the environment (clients, partner agencies and vendors) holistically and understanding how the project will impact areas beyond the stated scope
• Take a collaborative approach and having mutual respect among the vendor teams
• Lead teams with diverse skill sets in multiple locations, including offshore
• Bring experience with many types of technologies and delivering out-of-the-box thinking and creative problem-solving possibilities
• Multi-vendor, multi-year project experience
• Experience with Salesforce Lightning, Lightning Components, Lighting Web Components
o Salesforce Administrator
o Salesforce Developer I and II
o C-SIP: System Integration Professional
Salesforce Cloud Experience:
▪ Sales Cloud
▪ Service Cloud
▪ Community Cloud
This position is remote with travel/onsite requirements. PCG is a remote-friendly organization and is committed to creating a culture where remote work remains a vital part of the company’s success. To be successful in a remote work role at PCG, you must:
Some travel to the office or elsewhere may be required for team meetings, client meetings, etc.
We are accepting applications on an ongoing basis until filled.
Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $110,000-135,000 and a potential discretionary bonus of up to 15%. In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role, including medical and dental care benefits, 401k, PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.