About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
The Consultant will provide Project Management services to our internal team as well as expert analysis and risk and recommendation strategies to our clients. The Consultant will work with project team to provide overall leadership, and task coordination as well as direct responsibility for the deliverables and work products produced by the team. These deliverables and work products will be completed in accordance with our overall strategy, approach, and methodology.
• Provide project management and verification and validation expertise on large-scale IT projects
• Coordinate the team to review and provide feedback to the client on project artifacts and deliverables
• Lead and oversee development of all deliverables, status reports, and other work products
• Plan and oversee all project work and develop/manage internal team processes and procedures that might be needed
• Organize and facilitate team meetings
• Support the goals and outcomes of the project stakeholders
• Develop, manage, and update Project Plan and other project documents (e.g., Communication Plan, Risk Plan, Stakeholder Register, Resource Plan)
• Develop, manage, and update the execution of the Project Schedule to ensure project scope and applicable milestones are met
• Provide management oversight of project budget
• Develop and deliver regular status reporting
• Facilitate change order process
• Identifies, tracks, and manages project risks/issues; including coordination for risk/issue mitigation
• Establish a response process and track the response to project recommendations (e.g., Quality Assurance (QA) vendor recommendations)
• Provide ongoing communication (e.g., email, meetings) to provide project status
• Collaborate with the Project Manager to enhance improve processes and communication efforts
• Review project and related operational processes and provide input for improvement by implementing relevant agile
• Lead in business development activities and participate in proposal writing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 5+ years of prior project coordination/project management experience
• Demonstrated ability to work directly with diverse business and technical team members in a strong team-oriented environment
• Certified Project Management Professional
• QA / IV&V experience preferred
• Ability to understand both the service delivery system for programs which are administered by states and monitored by federal regulators.
• Ability to understand and be an expert in complex federal regulations and requirements.
• Strong Microsoft Office applications skills, especially data analytics (i.e. ACCESS, SQL, SPSS)
• Ability to use sound judgment in completing tasks and to seek guidance when needed.
• Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
• Ability to move projects forward within a specific timeline and budget while working at a detailed level.
• Commitment to exceptional client service.
• Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
• Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
• Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
• Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current business issues.
• Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
• Excellent business writing skills and ability to make presentations to various audiences.
• Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ experience required and Master’s degree (MPA or government focused MBA) preferred
Experience: 5+ years of relevant work experience
Medicaid experience preferred
This position is remote with travel/onsite requirements. PCG is a remote-friendly organization and is committed to creating a culture where remote work remains a vital part of the company’s success. To be successful in a remote work role at PCG, you must:
Some travel to the office or elsewhere may be required for team meetings, client meetings, etc.
We are accepting applications on an ongoing basis until filled.
Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $110,000-135,000 and a potential discretionary bonus of up to 15%. In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role, including medical and dental care benefits, 401k, PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.