Medicaid Program Manager/Technical Project Manager – Informatics & Technology in Albany, NY
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting development and operations of existing and emerging technologies and systems within the Bureau of Informatics and Technology within the Office of Quality and Patient Safety. The Bureau is responsible for multiple systems in support of assessing and analyzing the healthcare ecosystem in New York State, as well as supporting analytics and linking needs of the NYS Medicaid program. These systems include the states All Payer Database, SPARCS, Data Quality solutions, Master Data Management solutions, Provider Directory, COVID response support systems, and more. The unit the incumbent will join is engaged in multiple projects in support of the above including the development of a master patient index solution, expanding cloud infrastructure, and modernization of legacy processes and systems.
The team the incumbent will join is responsible for furthering the Bureau’s goals by analyzing programmatic needs; suggesting and developing efficient solutions to leverage new technologies to support reaching program objectives; tracking and monitoring project development and changes through a software development lifecycle; evaluating and improving data quality and master data management deployments; developing and implementing policies and procedures for new infrastructure, and documenting business needs and existing processes to support implementing technology solutions.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
· Developing and implementing project plans independently with basic direction provided by senior staff.
· Actively participating in issue identification and resolution within projects, understanding how issues can impact multiple workstreams.
· Creation and maintenance of project document repositories including both project management and technical documentation.
· Work in a hybrid role of project manager, business analyst, and technical writer by assuming responsibility for completing project tasks (such as documentation) in addition to leading the project.
· Leading team members in execution of project tasks and operational needs while coordinating with other workstream leaders and personnel to prioritize use of resources.
· Develop processes and procedures for operational items within systems, tools, and environment management.
· Learning about new technologies and leading the discovery process related to new project management or workflow automation tools. Then providing recommendations for their use and/or leading implementation of the solution.
· Bachelor's degree
· 8 years of professional experience
· Expertise leading cross functional teams to achieve project requirements, deadlines, and schedules for multiple complex projects in a fast paced, high-expectations environment. Or multiple years of experience as a business analyst in this type of project environment.
· Strong problem solving, organization, and communication skills to be able to leverage knowledge and direction available to lead the group through challenging development projects.
· Ability to independently track and prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines with competing resources.
· Strong intellectual curiosity and passion about learning new technologies.
*Employees must follow established work schedules. The usual work schedule is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. unless otherwise specified by the supervisor, this includes a half hour unpaid lunch break. Total work hours must equal 40 hours per week.
Compensation for roles at Staffing Solutions Organization LLC (SSO) varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, SSO provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $68,600-$86,000. In addition, SSO provides a range of benefits for this role.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.