About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
• Works with Department leaders to support organizational objectives.
• Ensures QA documentation is updated as necessary.
• Ensures accurate and streamlined communication with team members supporting the coordination of QA activities.
• Works with BA personnel to ensure acceptance criteria and test cases are effective and logical.
• Executes test cases and identifies and recommends additional test cases as needed.
• Provides best practice recommendations and supports execution of those recommendations.
• Provide validation for requirements, designs, and new software/product components.
• Experience with work item management system JIRA is preferred.
• Experience creating and implementing Test frameworks.
• Track status and communicate progress effectively to product teams.
• Iterative Testing Experience (Agile/Scrum experience a plus).
• As part of an Agile delivery team, support planning and estimating tasks.
• Create detailed test cases and perform manual testing at different phases and times.
• Perform system-level integration and regression testing to ensure product readiness.
• Follow and advocate for Quality-centered Engineering best practices.
• Investigate and reproduce customer-reported issues to help determine root cause.
• Contribute to special quality-related initiatives to improve process, investigate and qualify tools.
• UAT exposure with client meetings.
• Mentor team members on functional/technical areas of expertise.
• Review test plans, cases and provide guidance on test coverage.
• Contribute to QA’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure consistency and a common QA methodology.
• Experience creating detailed test case, and following testing best practices.
• Methodical & inquisitive mind-set for testing beyond the obvious, and uncovering evasive bugs.
• Experience with modern web technologies/frameworks.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong intuition skills
• Intellectually curious
• Able to learn new or evolving software.
• Proficiency in MS Office products, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• Strong communication and influencing skills, and professional business demeanor.
• Ability to work collaboratively, and even lead testing initiatives.
• Highly motivated, able to learn quickly, and accountable for committed results.
• Adept and passionate for learning the latest testing technologies, tools, and framework.
• Debugging skills: knowledge of SQL for analysis and debugging
• Demonstrated understanding of the software product development lifecycle
Education: BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent field
Experience: 5+ years relevant work experience
Supervises Quality Assurance personnel within the Product Department.
• Providing guidance and direction to QA staff member(s).
• Aligning QA responsibilities for the team with the objectives of the product department.
• Responsible for the quality and output of QA staff member(s).
Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $75,000-95,000. In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.