About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
Consultant will provide Medicaid expertise in monitoring project life cycle implementations in waterfall, agile, and/or hybrid methodologies and providing advisory services on best practices and problem remediation strategies. The incumbent will assess project status progress and quality in accordance with PMI standards as applied in the context of eligibility systems design, development, implementation, and operations. The successful candidate will have either state agency, federal, or vendor experience with state Medicaid eligibility systems which includes knowledge of eligibility programs and state options. Experience as an eligibility worker, supervisor, or state eligibility program or operations manager desirable. The Consultant will work with project team to provide overall leadership, and task coordination as well as direct responsibility for the deliverables and work products produced by the team. These deliverables and work products will be completed in accordance with our overall strategy, approach, and methodology.
• Provides projects assurance and technical expertise on large-scale IT projects
• Leads and supports development of all deliverables, status reports and other work products
• Plan and oversee all project work and develop/manage any potential organizational change management strategies or processes that might be needed
• Support the goals and outcomes of the project stakeholders
• Develop, manage, and update Project Plan and other project documents (e.g., Communication Plan, Risk Plan, Stakeholder Register, Resource Plan)
• Develop, manage, and update the execution of the Project Schedule to ensure project scope and applicable milestones are met
• Support development and delivery of regular status reporting
• Identifies, tracks, and manages project risks; including coordination for risk mitigation
• Identifies, tracks, and manages project issues; including coordination for issue resolution
• Establish a response and track the response to project recommendations (e.g., Quality Assurance (QA) vendor recommendations)
• Provide ongoing communication (e.g., email, meetings) to provide project status
• Collaborate with the project’s Communication Manager to enhance communication efforts
• Review project and related operational processes and provide input for improvement by implementing relevant lean or agile strategies
• Conduct Agile Project Management and Organizational Change Management workshops
• Direct experience with Medicaid eligibility systems
• Self-directed and reports to the Engagement Managers
• Work experience with Medicaid, SNAP, TANF or other health and human service programs
• 3+ years of prior project management experience using both Agile and Waterfall techniques in IT related projects to include operations, infrastructure, and application development projects
• Demonstrated ability to work directly with diverse business and technical team members in a strong team-oriented environment
• Certified Scrum Master or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner certification
• QA / IV&V experience preferred
• PMI Project Management Professional certification
Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $110,000-$135,000. In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.