About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
As the Application/Technical Architect, you will be responsible for bringing a vision to life. This includes providing detailed technical components, concepts and UI designs for cloud-based application development as well as collaborating with domain leads (business, information, and technology), developers and designers to ensure that all requirements from the original designs are met in the final product.
• Architects/designs the internal structure of code and is responsible for technical support throughout the software development process
• Primary decision-maker for the internal arrangement of the software (e.g., macro/micro services, containerization, etc.) in accordance with product requirements and procured resources
• Outlines technical and functional instruments required for product development and are involved in the development process
• Responsible for the technical strategy/vision as well as planning the software enhancement, extending, and adding new features (finds an optimal technical solution fit for purpose and use)
• Studies/applies industry benchmarks to formulate non-functional requirements like scalability, performance, automation, APIs/interfaces, integrations, etc.
• Explaining the technical solutions and coaches the solutions team (e.g., developers, UI/UX designer, etc.)
• Extensive knowledge of software architecture, sound knowledge of technical and functional architecture, and common architecture patterns
Familiar with Azure, Deveops, SQL
Experience developing in Azure or AWS
• 3+ years of experience related to planning and managing information technology projects and processes larger than $2 million in size into production
• Experience managing projects using Agile (incremental iterations) methodologies to continually maximize flexibility and efficiency of a process
• Experience providing direction to individuals and supervising the work of others within a solutions development environment
• Experience with or knowledge of information security planning, operations, best practices, or products—protection of information or information systems from access or alteration by unauthorized sources
• Skill in presenting ideas and presenting oral and written reports
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills as well as knowledge of data processing systems, concepts and methodologies
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
• Ability to assess customer goals, needs and interests with respect to the implementation/appropriateness of information technology solutions
• Ability to create and maintain highest levels of confidentiality when dealing with proprietary or private information
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job function
• Ability to understand both the service delivery system for programs which are administered by states and monitored by federal regulators.
• Ability to understand and be an expert in complex federal regulations and requirements.
• Strong Microsoft Office applications skills, especially data analytics (i.e. ACCESS, SQL, SPSS)
• Ability to use sound judgment in completing tasks and to seek guidance when needed.
• Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
• Ability to move projects forward within a specific timeline and budget while working at a detailed level.
• Commitment to exceptional client service.
• Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
• Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
• Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
• Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current business issues.
• Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
• Excellent business writing skills and ability to make presentations to various audiences.
• Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ experience required and Master’s degree (MPA or government focused MBA) preferred
Experience: 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Public Sector/Government experience
• Located in western region of U.S
Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $115,000-$135,000. In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.