Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
• Provide expertise and the ability to apply functional knowledge in the areas of software costing requirements
• Support PCG clients reviewing software cost estimates and documentation for complex projects and operations as part of Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
• Collect, analyze, and evaluate historical data to provide expert opinion as a basis for assumptions, methodologies, and estimate results, applying sound reason and appropriate judgment
• Track and manage invoices and track/confirm deliverables with project team members
• Control the timesheet database and provide reports for Resource invoicing purposes
• Communicate and work with diverse organizations and representatives for data collection, analysis, and results presentation
• Assists in the preparation of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
• Prepare meetings, audio conferences or video-conferences
• Must have strong analytical skills, work with minimal supervision, be highly motivated, and be able to mine data via query creation in a database and ERP environment
• Ability to work with people on several levels and co-ordinate information into written and verbal reports distributed to clients
• 4+ years’ experience in business or accounting is necessary
• Experience with Software Estimation, Planning, and Project Control (SEER–SEEM), Software Life Cycle Management (SLIM), and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Minimum of 2 years of reporting experience in a software or ERP environment
• Financial analysis skills that center on understanding the financial impact of changes to software development costs required
• Solid analytical skills and strong business acumen, including experience with software cost structure analysis
• Excellent literacy, numeracy, and data management skills
• Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, plus an ability to function in a collaborative environment
• Aptitude to work independently and under deadline pressure
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., economics, engineering, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or business) or a field that fosters problem-solving, structured thought, and creativity
• Workday reporting systems
Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $75,000 - $100,000. In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.