Informatics Epidemiologist - Maine Department of Health & Human Services
9 positions available
Staffing Solutions Organization LLC (SSO), an affiliate of Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG), is focused on delighting clients with world-class managed staffing and talent consulting services. SSO is committed to a diverse workforce, which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve.
Duties may include (each person may work on a subset of these duties and deliverables):
· Onboard new facilities for eCR and/or ELR
· Review and validate eCR and/or ELR messages
· Author and maintain reporting conditions in the Reportable Conditions Knowledge Management System (RCKMS)
· Support the Maine Immunization Registry
· Help improve automation of disease reports through workflow decision support
· Help improve automation of data review through python programming
· Onboard new Message Mapping Guides
· Build and automate data visualizations using Tableau
· Improve interoperability between data systems
· Coordinate with public health partners including federal CDC, local hospitals and providers offices, and Maine’s Health Information Exchange (HIE) Health InfoNet
· Participate in data modernization planning, and goal execution
· Ensure progress towards grant objectives, and assist with grant writing
· Participate in exercises and planning efforts
· Participate in and contribute to overall Infectious Disease Program planning and evaluation activities.
· Additional duties as assigned
Informatics Epidemiologist II:
· All Informatics Epidemiologist duties as listed
· Supervise Informatics Epidemiologists and conduct weekly check ins and annual performance evaluations
· Help develop training materials and protocols
· Train new Informatics Epidemiologists with Maine CDC training materials and protocols
Summary of work schedule, including normal working hours, on-call expectations, allowed time off (which is non-billable), ability to work remote.
· These are full time 8 AM – 5 PM positions. Normal schedule is M-F, but modified schedules may be required as needed by Maine CDC.
· Each resource must conform to the State working schedule (i.e., snow days, holidays etc.), if the State of Maine is working the contractor will be required to work.
· May routinely work remote up to (3) days per week after completing orientation and training. Additional remote work may be pre-approved by the Maine CDC manager on a case-by-case basis.
· Master’s Degree in Public Health, Information Systems, or related field and at least two years of relevant work experience
· Ability to speak and write in multiple languages
· Principles and practices of epidemiology and public health surveillance
· Statistics and statistical software
· Data collection and management
· Coding languages (SAS, R, Python, SQL, Java, etc.)
· Health messaging (HL7, FHIR, electronic laboratory reports (ELR), electronic case reports (eCR))
· Surveillance systems including National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NEDSS), Electronic Surveillance System for the Early Notification of Community-Based Epidemics (ESSENCE), Immunization Information System (ImmPact)
· Data visualization software (Tableau, ArcGIS, Power BI, etc.)
· Infectious diseases, including risk and transmission
· Medical terminology
· Word processing software, email and internet use, spreadsheets or analysis programs
· Analyze public health data
· Draw logical inferences from data analysis
· Pay attention to detail
· Organize, disseminate, and report public health information
· Be flexible and reprioritize during the workday
· Work as a team leader and team member
· Communicate with local partners
· Work independently, including being a “self-starter”
· Facilitate groups
· Speak publicly
· Possess an attitude that fosters a respectful, non-threatening workplace environment
Compensation for roles at Staffing Solutions Organization LLC (SSO) varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, SSO provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $52,000-93,600. In addition, SSO provides a range of benefits for this role.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.