About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
We are looking for a talented and highly qualified person with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to join PCG Corporate Technology as a full time senior technical writer. As a senior technical writer, your responsibilities will include creating, editing, and maintaining user documentation, including training guides, instruction manuals, software documentation, product documentation, tutorials, architectural diagrams, etc.
Your hard work and performance will ensure effective technical communication between different internal teams and technology developers, and key stakeholders.
• Works with the Corporate Technology product team to create documentation methodology and framework.
• Works collaboratively with developers and engineers to effectively document technological systems, changes to systems, and release notes.
• To plan, write, edit and revise technical information and documents, including user manuals, general overviews, configuration/installation instructions, tutorials, test plans, and product specifications.
• Create other client aids such as online demo, online video, online help, guided tour, and other educational guidelines and techniques in collaboration with our communications team.
• Transform complex documentation into simple concepts that are easy to understand by the end-users.
• Analyze the metrics used for training and assess the customer feedback to align them with future investments in training.
• Analyzes existing and potential changes and upgrades with a focus on reuse and opportunities for maximizing efficiencies.
• Documents application infrastructure with technical diagrams and other visual representations.
• Creates and maintains information architecture artifacts.
• Produces high quality, internal end user documentation that helps users get the most out of our technical products.
• Collaborates regularly with our communications team to ensure communications are being sent through various channels.
• Maintains document revisions and version control as applications evolve through Agile development and are stored in our document repository for reference.
• Creates system flow diagrams.
• Documents programming methodologies (e.g. Agile SDLC).
• Other responsibilities as required.
• Technical writing of software/hardware documentation
• Ability to deliver high quality documentation for multiple projects
• Experience in owning and building an end-to-end documentation process
• Positive attitude and confidence to tackle challenges
• Proven ability to prioritize competing deliverables
• Familiarity with the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Rigorous attention to detail
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• MS Word (power user), MS PowerPoint, MS Teams, MS PowerApps
• MS Visio, Lucidchart (or similar)
• Adobe Acrobat DC
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, English, Technical Communications, or equivalent required
Experience: 5+ years related technical experience
2-4+ years technical document creation and curation
2-4+ years authoring of original knowledge articles
Nice to have:
Previous software development experience
Work experience with Agile methodology
Certified Professional Technical Communicator (STC)
.Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $95,000-115,000. In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.
Software Powered by iCIMS