About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
As Data Architect, you will design the blueprint of the data framework to be put into action, taking into account all data sources concerning solution operations. The Data Architect will outline a design to integrate, centralize, and maintain the data and will manage building and testing sustainable data architecture(s) for the solution for easy data search and retrieval via sound data architecture practices.
• Experience leading data structure design, development and implementation within cloud infrastructures (Azure/AWS/GCP)— including but are not limited to cloud computing, data storage, and database services
• Develops and implements the overall solution data strategy in alignment with business function definition and processes—this includes data model designs, database development standards, implementation and management of data stores and data analytics
• Identifies/classifies data sources and develops extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes for data management that is aligned with the data strategy
• Manages end-to-end data architecture, from selecting the platform, designing the technical architecture, aiding solution development to through testing and implementing the solution
• Defines and manages the flow of data and dissemination of information within/between auxiliary systems/applications
• Integrates technical functionality, ensuring data accessibility, accuracy, and security
• Conducts a continuous audit of data management system performance, refine whenever required, and report immediately any breach or other security concerns
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software developers, data engineers, and business stakeholders, to gather requirements and ensure that APIs meet the needs of the application
• Design and develop robust and scalable APIs to facilitate efficient data integration and exchange between different systems and applications.
• 3+ years of experience related to planning and managing information technology projects and processes larger than $2 million in size into production
• Experience supporting projects using Agile (incremental iterations) methodologies to continually maximize flexibility and efficiency of a process
• Experience providing direction to individuals and supervising the work of others within a solutions development environment
• Experience with or knowledge of information security planning, operations, best practices, or products—protection of information or information systems from access or alteration by unauthorized sources
• Experience with the processes and procedures used to manage vendor relations, including sourcing and negotiating with outside vendors
• Skill in presenting ideas and presenting oral and written communications
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills as well as knowledge of data processing systems, concepts and methodologies
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
• Ability to assess customer goals, needs and interests with respect to the implementation/appropriateness of information technology solutions
• Ability to create and maintain highest levels of confidentiality when dealing with proprietary or private information
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job function
• Ability to understand both the service delivery system for programs which are administered by states and monitored by federal regulators.
• Ability to understand and be an expert in complex federal regulations and requirements.
• Strong Microsoft Office applications skills, especially data analytics (i.e. ACCESS, SQL, SPSS)
• Ability to use sound judgment in completing tasks and to seek guidance when needed.
• Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
• Ability to move projects forward within a specific timeline and budget while working at a detailed level.
• Commitment to exceptional client service.
• Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
• Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
• Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
• Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current business issues.
• Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
• Excellent business writing skills and ability to make presentations to various audiences.
• Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ experience required and Master’s degree (MPA or government focused MBA) preferred
Experience: 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Public Sector/Government experience
• Located in western region of U.S
Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $115,000-$135,000. In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.