About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
We are currently seeking the services of full-time Solutions Architect to support our Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) projects. If you are dynamic, mature, ambitious, creative, and autonomous, you will appreciate working with our team of technology professionals committed to providing value-added services on our clients’ technology projects.
• Provide oversight on large-scale IT projects through the use of a collection of integrated methodologies and best-in-class tools that effectively assess technical processes and components of IT systems throughout the systems development life cycle.
• Provide technical oversight of vendor and/or client processes, methodologies, and tools to validate that federal and state requirements are met.
• Monitor the technical aspects of the project and the vendor and/or client activities providing input and guidance that supports efficiencies to the client and project.
• Provide review and analysis of technical activities verifying and validating that key deliverables adhere to client requirements and expectations.
• Assess and minimize the impact of project risks through the development of risk mitigation strategies
• Contribute to the development of management reports presenting the outcome of IV&V assessments
• Support the client and stakeholders in the planning and strategy discussions on the best approach for addressing risks and issues as they occur, in an effort to ensure that the project remains on schedule and within budget.
• Understand various software development life cycle methodologies and how they are used
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience providing technical advisory and/or oversight services on large-scale IT projects in the public sector.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with cloud computing infrastructure
• Must have experience with COTS, SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS solutions
• Must have experience in all phases of the system development life cycle using Agile, Waterfall and/or Hybrid Agile approaches.
• Participation in the implementation of integrated solutions to modernize legacy systems and/or mainframe technology through the development of n-tier based solutions built from leading-edge technologies.
• Experience with Azure DevOps CI/CD
Windows, Windows Server, Unix, Linux
Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Jenkins, Eclipse, SharePoint, JIRA, Microsoft Power Apps, SonarQube, Microsoft Visual Studio Code, Github
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), TCP, FTP, SSH, Unix Sockets
SQL Server, Access, MySQL
Object Oriented Programming, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Structured and Object-Oriented Analysis, Data Modeling, Selenium, Microsoft Test Manager
SDLC, PMBOK, CMMI Model, Organizational Change Management, Cloud Technologies, Requirements Management, Requirements Traceability, User Stories, Business Process Management (BPM), Scope Management, Product Life Cycle Management (PLM), ALM (Application Lifecycle Management), Data Warehousing, JAD Session, Risk analysis, Fit-Gap Analysis, RFP writing, COTS, IEEE standards, Compliance monitoring, Technical documentation, Enterprise Architecture (EA)
AIX, VAX VMS, HP-UX, Android, iOS
PL/SQL, C, C++, C#, Perl, VB.NET, CSS, Oracle Pro*C, Pascal, UNIX Shell, AWK, SED
Android Studio, ERWin, Rational Clear Case and ClearQuest, Serena Dimensions, Defect Reporting Tools Test Director, Clear Quest, Quality Center, Bugzilla, Rational Manager, GitLab, Azure DevOps (Cloud), AWS (Cloud), RTC (Rational Team Concert)
JBoss, WebLogic, iPlanet
Oracle, Oracle Exadata, MongoDB, Hadoop, MarkLogic
Rational Unified Process, Rapid Application Development, Agile, Scrum, HP Quality Center (ALM), UML, JUnit
HIPAA, NIST 800-53, Section 508, SWEBOK, BABOK, DevOps, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), code reviews
Operations and Maintenance:
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Service Level Agreements
Desirable Certifications and Experience
Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $125,000-$150,000. In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.
Software Powered by iCIMS