Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm has four designated practice areas with extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in Europe. Often combining resources from two or more practice areas, PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to solve their challenges or pursue opportunities. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
• Serve as Workday Financials Subject Matter Expert (SME) to inform user change requests
• Implementing Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) best practices
o Identify configuration changes
o Change integration
o Obtain stakeholder approval
o Design and development
• Inform product support and user training
• Test and validate new functionality
• Provide leadership for integration with legacy systems and other issues as needed
• Drive continual business processes improvements throughout the organization
• Serve as liaison between the organization’s business units and Corp IT
• Design and deploy solutions for the organizations’ financial management requirements
• Reinforce and maintain the long-term vision and product road map of our internal financial management platform and related technologies.
• Drive innovation and maximize efficacy of the Workday Financials tool by optimizing the current platform and exploring additional opportunities for product improvement.
• Curiosity for business processes and system integration
• Experience analyzing large data sets in the following disciplines:
o Multi-company and multi-currency financial reporting
• Demonstrated experience with quality assurance test plans, and test execution
• Hands on experience with Adaptive Planning working in conjunction with core Workday
• Experience with Workday Studio/BIRT preferred • Ability to work with guided autonomy as part of a larger team
• Demonstrate initiative to overcome obstacles that might impede daily work
• Ability to use sound judgment in completing tasks and to seek guidance when appropriate
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment(s)
• Proven application of analytical skills to solve complex problems
• Commitment to exceptional client service
• Ability to prioritize competing requirements and product enhancement requests
• Ability to articulate complex requirements to both technical and business audiences
• Advocacy for end users and stakeholders to escalated resolution of technical issues
• Understanding of, and participation in, data governance related to fiscal management data and related technologies.
• Leadership of overall communications of changes related to the Workday Financials system and its related technologies.
• Stay current with emerging Workday Financial trends & features, as well as App technologies and solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer or business-related area
Experience: 5+ years’ hands-on experience in business application support/minimum 3+ years product management experience with Workday Financials. Architecture knowledge of Workday Financials. Strong written and verbal communications skills, ability to interact at all levels of the organization and tailor messages
appropriately. Strong ability to represent and document business processes, interaction flows, data flow processes, use cases, test cases, business requirements, user stories, etc.
Workday Pro Certification is preferred
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.