About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCG’s seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/humanservices/.
This position is responsible for evaluating and monitoring registered child care providers to determine compliance
with laws, policies and procedures. This position performs childcare facility visits, provides technical
assistance, and submits written recommendations for childcare registration applications. This is a part-time remote
work position that requires the ability to travel within the Greater St. Louis Metro region and surrounding Missouri
• Provides monitoring services to new and renewing registered childcare providers to achieve compliance with state
and federal laws and regulations.
• Conducts on-site childcare facility evaluations to determine compliance with state and federal laws and
• Collaborates with childcare owners, directors, administrators, boards, in an assigned geographic area.
• Provides technical assistance to facility operators by providing on-site guidance, conducting virtual and in-person
workshops, and answering telephone and email inquiries to provide child care related information.
• Investigates complaints alleging childcare compliance violations and provides a written disposition of the findings.
• Develops corrective action plans with childcare providers to address compliance violations, provides technical
assistance and follow-up monitoring services to determine whether the provider has achieved compliance standard.
• Develops professional development training plans with childcare providers.
• Builds relationships and collaborates with community agencies to identify resources to support quality childcare.
• Works with information technology to maintain data regarding child care registration activities.
• Utilizes a standardized childcare health and safety assessment tool to evaluate childcare providers.
• Prepares and maintains timely, accurate, legible case record information.
• Submits childcare compliance recommendations to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Office
• Prepares professional written reports and performs other related work as assigned.
• Maintains the necessary flexibility to accommodate the need for a weekend and evening monitoring visit.
• Develop positive and proactive strategies to encourage child care providers to participate in the services provided
by MO DESE Office of Childhood approved resources;
• A Bachelor’s degree is required from an accredited college or university, with a minimum of fifteen (15) credit
hours in one (1), or a combination of, the following fields: 1) Elementary or Early Childhood Education;2)
Sociology;3) Psychology;4) Child Development;5) Social Work;6) Nursing; or7) A closely related field.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work in a team environment and maintain effective working relationships with staff and providers.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, and Word.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment, based on policy and procedure.
• Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.