Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
PCG is hiring a Director to manage a team and several public sector projects, and to continue building the team and portfolio of projects in our Technology Consulting Practice Area. The Director will work with senior client executives implementing or advising on large-scale software solutions in Public Sector State Government environments. Experience in a broad set of technologies (i.e. .NET, Java), technical competencies (i.e. DBA, engineering processes, cloud) and management environments (e.g. Agile, Waterfall) is required.
Along with delivery responsibilities, this is a strong business development position with significant focus on creating new business in the State Government market. You will be responsible for developing partner relationships, identifying opportunities, fostering strong client relationships, and developing proposals that meet client needs.
The Director will recruit, hire, manage and develop resources to support the business unit and the Practice Area. The Director will be responsible for delivering on projects under his/her direction, inclusive of ensuring projects are delivered within pre-determined specifics (revenue/expenses, etc.).
The Director has responsibility to ensure their team is meeting financial and organizational targets while building the strong team necessary to navigate the fast paced world of management consulting.
This position will be responsible for the following:
• Business Development - integrate their capabilities in client management and sales acumen to grow existing projects, establish new projects and build new markets that create business and financial value. Includes leading proposal development
• Resource Management – Hiring, developing, motivating and retaining staff to build and sustain a team skillset of talent that includes diverse capabilities and perspectives
• Collaboration - Skilled in building support for opportunities, proposals, projects and organizational initiatives, and will play an active role as a contributor in growing the Practice Area.
• Risk Management - Take ownership for strategic, financial and operational risk in all aspects of their responsibilities. To do this, they must effectively integrate their capabilities in quality management, project management and client satisfaction.
• Project Delivery – As necessary lead or participate in project delivery activities including analysis, deliverable creation, and communicating project performance and progress. Advise senior client executives and serve as a trusted advisor for technology related concerns. Manage teams of individuals focused on all phases of the SDLC including planning/procurement; architecture; software design, development, configuration, and implementation; and project assurance/oversight.
• At least 10 years of experience in technology
• 6+ years of experience developing, bidding, and winning public sector management consulting services with progressively increasing level of leadership responsibility.
• 6+ years of experience providing a combination of the following services: planning, procurement, project management, quality assurance (QA), implementation, or project oversight services for State governments, preferably in programs related to Health/Human Services, Government Operations, Education, Corrections, Pension, and similar systems
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a cross-functional capacity with minimum Fiscal Year book value of $2M
• Experience working with systems in large-scale integrated/modular environments
• Proven ability to hire, develop and manage a team of people.
• Ability to interact with all levels of personnel from technical to executive management, and to influence stakeholders in order to get things done.
• Strong leadership interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter, enthusiastic, and have the political savvy to accomplish objectives while maintaining a likeable presence.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.