About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
The business analyst role includes the following.
• Serve as a business analyst and subject matter expert on project engagements
• Facilitate and manage software development life cycle activities such as requirements and JAD sessions
• Create project artifacts, reports, and formal deliverables relative to project initiatives
• Communicate and/or translate business challenges to IT teams and assist in developing solutions
• Serve as liaison between various stakeholder groups and other project groups to develop solutions.
• Experience working in a project and deadline-driven environment; support the project schedule, deadlines, and assist with identifying, documenting and resolving issues (and/or escalating to the appropriate level)
• Support testing efforts with the test team and subject matter experts; understand the general flow of project work from design to development and testing phases
• Identify and recommend business process improvements and support change management activities in support of projects and clients; a background working with training and writing end-user communications is helpful
Applicants should possess:
• Commitment to exceptional client service and a high degree of professionalism in a client/project environment
• Dedicated to accomplishing goals and overcoming challenges presented by clients, business and management; be solution oriented
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision on assignments, as well as an ability to work in team settings for meetings and project work; ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients
• Ability to learn follow, evaluate and improve upon current processes to get assigned work accomplished
• Understand and have a working knowledge of business analysis and project methodology, as well as the software development lifecycle
• Possess strong business writing skills including requirements, business rules, and the ability to convey complex information in emails and discussions
• Possess strong presentation skills to a variety of audiences (primarily in leading JAD or requirements review sessions); analysts need to be able to present and discuss information related to assignments to move projects forward towards decisions and approval
• Analysts need to have strong Microsoft Office applications skills, including MS Project, Excel, Visio and Teams. Experience with requirements/defect management tools such as ALM is a plus.
• Experience working with public sector clients (corrections, healthcare, welfare programs, etc.) as well as a general understanding of how government projects operate is beneficial
• This is a remote position; however, analysts may need to be available to travel occasionally to client sites for meetings.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.