About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
Consultant will provide project management services to our internal team as well as comprehensive project management services to clients. The Consultant/Project Manager will work with project team to provide overall project leadership, task coordination, and schedule management services, as well as be responsible for the deliverables and work products produced by the project team for the client. Project management services and work products will be completed in accordance with industry standards, as well as our overall project management strategy, approach, and methodology.
The Consultant / Project Manager role includes the following.
• Provides project management and strategic expertise on large-scale IT projects; brings industry standard knowledge and experience to support the successful management of internal and client projects
• Understand and support the goals and outcomes of the project stakeholders and client leadership
• Oversees development and delivery of project deliverables, status reports and other work products
• Develop, manage, and update project plans and schedules, as well as other project documents (e.g., Communication Plan, Risk Plan, Stakeholder Register, Resource Plan), to ensure project scope and applicable milestones are met; facilitate the change order process for project work
• Provide management oversight of project budget
• Identifies, tracks, manages and reports project risks and issues as well as mitigation plans
• Develop and deliver regular status reporting to client and leadership, as well as providing ongoing communication (e.g., email, meetings) to provide project status to leadership and team
• Support project communication, training and organizational change management plans and activities, to ensure comprehensive project support is provided to clients
• Review project management and related operational processes and provide input for improvement, especially in the integration of relevant Agile or lean strategies; a background in waterfall and agile project methodologies is a plus
• Provide support for the growth of our project management and related service lines, as well as supporting/providing internal training on project management, Agile, organizational change management, or related methodologies and services
• Three+ years of project management experience including both Agile and Waterfall project techniques in IT or government-related fields (operations, application development and infrastructure projects)
• Position is self-directed and reports to Engagement manager; applicants need to be able to work independently on tasks and assignments, as well as with a group/team to accomplish project and team goals
• Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and facilitation; needs to be able to work with a variety of clients and team members, communicate issues/strategies effectively, and work to bring about positive solutions; strong interpersonal skills to relate to clients and team members
• Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Other certifications such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PMI’s Agile Certified Practitioner Certification
• Experience with public sector projects (corrections, law enforcement, social services, healthcare) and a general understanding of project work in governmental settings is preferred, as well as IV&V or QA experience
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.