About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
The right candidate will provide Project Management services and PMO services to our clients for large scale modernization projects. This position is responsible to lead Project Approval Lifecycle (PAL) effort with all its associated documents as per State of California standards. The Project Manager(PM) will manage a cross-disciplinary team of software architect, developers, engineers, database administrators, product managers for the analysis, delivery, ongoing success, and continuous improvements. The Project Manager will work with project team to provide overall leadership, and task coordination as well as direct responsibility for the deliverables and work products produced by the team for Business Analysis and Solution Development. These deliverables and work products will be completed in accordance with PAL process and overall project strategy, approach, and methodology. The Project manager will also be responsible to manage the contract and associated costs.
o Provides project management and technical expertise on large-scale IT projects
o Oversees development of all deliverables, status reports and other work products
o Plan and oversee all project work and develop/manage any potential organizational change management strategies or needed processes
o Develop, manage, and update Project Plan and other project documents (e.g., Communication Plan, Risk Plan, Stakeholder Register, Resource Plan)
o Develop, manage, and update the execution of the Project Schedule to ensure project scope and applicable milestones are met
o Provides management oversight of project budget
o Develop and deliver regular status reports;
o Facilitate change order process
o Identify, track, and manage project risks and issues; including coordination for risk mitigation and issue resolution
o Establish a response and track the response to project recommendations (e.g., Quality Assurance (QA) vendor recommendations)
o Provide ongoing communication (e.g., email, meetings) to provide project status
o Act as Project’s Communication Manager to enhance communication efforts
o Review project and related operational processes and provide input for improvement by implementing relevant lean or agile strategies
• 7+ years of prior project management experience using both Agile and Waterfall techniques in IT related projects to include operations, infrastructure, and application development projects with a minimum of five (5) years as a lead with full life cycle project experience on Government projects with at least 50-500 system users with web-based technologies, integration with enterprise-wide legacy/modern applications, and relational databases.
• 7+ years’ project management experience to include:
o 4+ years on large or more Complex IT Project with overall responsibility for project success.
o 3+ years of project management experience working on a large (at least $10M) enterprise-wide IT transformation projects during the PAL process or Feasibility Study Report (FSR) process.
o 2+ years’ experience as primary owner of agile project tracking tool, team collaboration software, managing agile ceremonies (standups, iteration planning meetings, retrospective etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to work directly with diverse clients from business and technical team members in a strong team-oriented environment to executive leaders.
• Experience with CA Procurement processes such as Feasibility Study Report (FSR) and Project Approval Lifecycle (PAL),
• Experience with Government-related business portals such as Licensing and Payment Portals and Database Management Systems.
• Looking at the environment (clients, partner agencies and vendors) holistically and understanding how the project will impact areas beyond the stated scope.
• Taking a collaborative approach and having mutual respect among the vendor teams.
• Leading teams with diverse skill sets in multiple locations, including offshore
• Bringing experience with many types of technologies and delivering out-of-the-box thinking and creative problem-solving possibilities.
• QA / IV&V experience preferred
• Food and Agriculture services experience preferred
• Strong understanding of modern technologies stack on web-based applications using relational databases in licensing or regulatory practices or health and human services domain
• PMP Certification
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.