Senior Healthcare Program Specialist - Division of Health Plan Contracting & Oversight in Albany, NY
Staffing Solutions Organization LLC (SSO), a wholly owned subsidiary of Public Consulting Group, is focused on delighting clients with world-class managed staffing and talent consulting services. SSO is committed to a diverse workforce, which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve.
This individual will assist senior staff in the New York State Department of Health, Division of Health Plan Contracting and Oversight (DHPCO) in implementing and evaluating health reform initiatives with a primary focus on quality oversight of Managed Long Term Care plans.
Job Duties to Include:
· Assist senior managers in the OHIP’s Division of Health Plan Contracting and Oversight (DHPCO) Bureau of Managed Long Term Care (MLTC) with a broad range of planning, implementation, reporting evaluation and surveillance activities.
· Conduct desk audits of MLTC plans to assure adherence to State and Federal requirements, guidelines and statutes.
· Assist in the development of Medicaid policy guidelines, procedures and documentation to facilitate MLTC program operations.
· Assist in the evaluation of Medicaid legislation and programs related to MLTC.
· Provide technical assistance to local social service districts, State agencies, clients, health care providers, advocacy groups, and professional organizations.
· Provide development, training and technical assistance to MLTC providers and other stakeholders.
· Supervise staff, as appropriate.
· Other activities as may be deemed necessary in response to the changing needs of DHPCO.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5 years of professional experience
· Must be a United States Citizen or a Permanent Resident of the United States in order to be considered
· Working knowledge of Medicaid
· Strong analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills
· The ability to think creatively and strategically
*Employees must follow established work schedules. The usual work schedule is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. unless otherwise specified by the supervisor, this includes a half hour unpaid lunch break. Total work hours must equal 40 hours per week.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Staffing Solutions Organization LLC is an e-Verify participant.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.