Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
PCG is looking for a Consultant with deep technical experience to support oversight, assessment, and project management efforts on government technology projects. The Consultant will conduct and at times lead project management and assessment activities on technology solutions which may include custom implementations, COTS or transfer systems, and legacy system replacements. The Consultant must be a strong written and oral communicator and be comfortable interacting with clients, and will serve as a trusted advisor to senior government leadership. This position will support projects in all phases of the software development life cycle, including oversight and assessment of planning, analysis, procurement, requirements, design, testing and implementation efforts of technology projects. Additionally, projects may utilize a range of methodologies such as Agile, waterfall or hybrid models. As such, the Consultant must be knowledgeable and practiced in a broad range of information technology processes. The Consultant will develop or contribute to written assessment reports and status reports with findings and recommendations. These findings and recommendations ensure that projects address risk, provide actionable input, and are tracked to completion.
• Monitor the technical aspects of technology projects and vendor/client activities by providing input and guidance that supports efficiencies.
• Assess technical design, system architecture, implementation strategy, and hardware, software, and network requirements of technology projects.
• Identify and recommend project management and technical processes, methodologies, and tools to minimize risk and validate content.
• Lead reviews and assessments of technology project tasks and work products, including providing recommendations for deliverable acceptance.
• Monitor the scope, schedule, and cost of technology projects.
• Recommend processes improvements based on observations, industry standards, and best practices
• Lead and assist in writing progress and status reports.
• Support business development by identifying new opportunities and assisting with proposal development.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college/university
• 5+ years of experience with implementation, operations, or maintenance of large technology projects
• 5+ years of experience with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation
• 3+ years of experience with projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation
• 2+ years of experience in creating and managing project risks/issues
• 3+ years of experience with data conversion and ETL process for large technology projects
• Deep knowledge of web-related technologies, methodologies, best practices and UX design
• 2+ years of experience performing quality assurance activities and validating deliverables against industry standards and best practices
• 2+ years of experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
• Completed Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.