About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle.
To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
• Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals
• Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Plans, estimates, schedules and tracks project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Uses and refines best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Drafts and submits budget proposals and recommends subsequent budget changes where
• Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Proactively manages changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devises contingency
• Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Technical skills with data center infrastructure (Virtual machines, databases, firewall rules, networks etc.).
• Able to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
• Able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Ability to effectively participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings
Education: Bachelor degree required
Experience: 5+ years’ technical project management experience, understand Agile Development Processes, RemedyForce experience a plus
Certification: Project Management Certification (PMP, CSM, CAPM) strongly preferred
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.