About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCG’s seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/humanservices/.
Assigned short- and long-term tasks on a variety of consulting and evaluation projects. Travel to client sites for meetings, observations, focus groups, interviews and other data collection needed. Expected to complete a wide range of work assignments that may include quantitative and qualitative analysis, data collection, report design, report drafting, and preparation of various materials for client presentations. Experience developing and/or participating in comprehensive evaluation methodologies is preferred. Familiarity working with state and private social services agencies, including but not limited to the following: state/local departments of child welfare, juvenile justice/youth services, public health and human services agencies is desired.
• Support complex projects and/or production of sophisticated deliverables.
• Develop data collection tools, such as data tracking forms, surveys, qualitative interview and/or focus group protocols, and case review instruments.
• Conduct qualitative analyses and interpret results from simple and complex quantitative analyses.
• Assist with and support the implementation of major project phases or tasks.
• Contribute to the preparation and presentation of status reports for clients.
• Assist with PowerPoint reports, written deliverables, and Excel-based data analysis.
• Collect, enter and analyze project related qualitative and quantitative data.
• Provide support to internal and external clients using company’s data collection tools.
• Conduct policy, regulatory, and other research on best practices and innovation.
• Develop competency in federal and state policy.
• Synthesize research and policy into concise written documents.
• Participate in business development activities including proposal writing and production.
• Assist with other responsibilities as necessary.
• Excellent organizational, oral presentation, and written communication skills.
• Strong analytic skills, including the ability to analyze and organize data and display in professional charts and graphs.
• Ability to work both in a team environment and autonomously.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, in particular Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Overtime should be expected.
• Travel up to approximately 50% is required.
• Ability to write complex reports.
• Previous research experience.
• Master's Degree, at a minimum, is required.
• 1-2 plus years conducting evaluation or research and complex analyses is required.
• Knowledge or experience with state and local government programs and services preferred.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.