About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
In search of a business analyst/training coordinator, to support a current state client as well as ongoing analyst and training opportunities (permanent role). This role requires basic business analysis skills, but will work specifically to support project training, communication, and organizational change management (OCM) needs and deliverables.
This role will serve as the key interface between the project manager, subject matter expert, and often field users, to gather information, document training needs, create training plans and deliverables and confirm the final documents with users.
This role offers a unique opportunity to assist the client and project with training, communication, and organizational change management needs. This team member will be asked to learn the identified application functionality, identify training and communication needs, design a training strategy and plan, determine necessary training deliverables, drive the team to complete deliverables, and support the execution of training, communication, and OCM activities within a project lifecycle.
Strong communication skills (verbal and written), the ability to work in a team setting, articulate issues, design and drive solutions, and a willingness to support the team and client are all important skills/traits for this position.
• Serve as an analyst/coordinator for training, communication, and organizational change management work (while possessing and using the foundational skills of a business analyst on a project team).
• Experience with written training plans for software development projects, and the ability to work with clients to solicit training and communication needs (and identify deliverables).
• Contribute to project work plans, and other formal project management deliverables relative to project initiatives; prepare written reports and materials for clients.
• Serve as liaison between various stakeholder groups and other third-party vendors, to bring groups together to deliver a training solution and plan.
• Ability to work independently (and drive work/solutions forward) with minimal supervision. Uses sound judgment in completing tasks and to seek guidance when needed.
• The ability to identify, documents, resolves and/or escalates issues to the appropriate level.
• Commitment to exceptional client service and strong work quality.
• A general background and working knowledge of business analysis methodology and software development life cycle.
• Ability to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
• Excellent business writing skills and ability to make presentations to various audiences, facilitate meetings and capture business notes/actions.
• Strong Microsoft Office applications skills including MS Project, MS Visio, and MS Excel. Experience with MadCap Flare (training software) is a plus.
Because this position supports a current state client, there are some requirements candidates must fill. Most important is a background in working on governmental, IT projects in the human services sector (corrections, law enforcement, health, social services experience will work).
The following experience/degrees are required for this position.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience applying analytical processes on IT projects. At least three (3) years of that experience must have been in business systems analysis and design.
• A minimum five (5) years’ experience on government IT project(s).
• A minimum two (2) years’ experience working with law enforcement, healthcare and/or social services agencies.
• A minimum two (2) years’ experience working on IT projects or business process re-engineering projects valued more than twenty (20) million dollars.
• A minimum one (1) years’ experience dealing with government control agencies.
• Experience in business systems analysis and applying analytical processes to the design and implementation of new business information systems.
• Experience mentoring state SMEs and Analysts in the complete documentation for large scale State IT projects similar in size as complexity as the SOMS project.
• Experience developing training plans and materials.
• Experience identifying change management needs and elements.
• Experience with application software development principles.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.