About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
The Data Architect is responsible for developing database solutions to ensure information is stored effectively and securely. This includes analyzing structural requirements for new software and applications and installing and configuring information systems to ensure required functionality. The Data Architect may work as part of the enterprise architecture unit. However, their primary responsibility is on the management of business data architecture.
• Designed IaaS and PaaS infrastructure/application architecture
• Performed structured systems analysis, develop system specifications and detailed design specifications
• Work with cross-functional and technical teams to develop target database schemas, access requirements, system flowcharts and data flow diagram
• Develop data marts to support Business Intelligence and data analytics using platform specific tools
• Performed system and capacity planning supporting BI implementation
• Provide guidance to development teams around business-related and data model questions
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an analyst-programmer performing various system development life cycle functions including project planning, requirements analysis, program specifications, coding, testing, and implementation
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience with Extract, Data, Load (ETL) tools which includes extracting data and migrating it to assigned SaaS objects.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience with the conversion of large files from various sources, cleansing data, and mapping the data for loading into a data warehouse
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working on any relational database developing database scripts, queries, stored procedures, generating reports
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience of development experience with focus on data mapping, conversion, transformation, and load activities
• Experience with enterprise tools, such as Customer Relationship Management (Salesforce preferred), Licensing Management, and Facility Management Systems
• Thinking strategically about projects and taking a proactive approach to identify and mitigate risks
• Looking at the environment (clients, partner agencies and vendors) holistically and understanding how the project will impact areas beyond the stated scope.
• Taking a collaborative approach and having mutual respect among the vendor teams.
• Leading teams with diverse skill sets in multiple locations, including offshore
• Bringing experience with many types of technologies and delivering out-of-the-box thinking and creative problem-solving possibilities
• Multi-vendor, multi-year project experience
• C-SIP: System Integration Professional
• AWS Cloud Practitioner
• Scrum Alliance CSM
• SAFe or CSM certification
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.