About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
The Lead Business Analyst will be responsible for validating customer business requirements/user stories, working collaboratively with the technical solutioning team to understand system functionality, and developing well written functional/technical requirements for system design and implementation.
• Play a critical role on the project as the primary liaison between business and technical stakeholders
• Help clients and product owners prioritize product backlogs
• Ensure that the proposed technology solution can meet the business requirements
• Document requirements and business rules
• Review existing business process, create and update to-be processes
• Spell out the project details and requirements
• Liaise between business and technical resources
• Lead and/or perform test and validation services
• Represent business stakeholders throughout the SDLC process
• Guide team members on best practices and methodologies.
• Work with program staff to coordinate configuration efforts.
• Verify that the developers and customers agree on the meaning of requirements and user stories, legacy mainframe COBOL systems, business processes and functional requirements.
• Provide technical and functional training, to include the development and delivery of training materials, and the creation of a train-the-trainer approach
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working on medium to large ($10M - $15M) IT projects. Strong understanding of best practices specific to SDLC methodologies including Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Iterative, and any other rapid application development project lifecycles.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in business process improvement, data process engineering, user interface configuration and delivered two or more projects using Agile or hybrid methodology.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience facilitating discussions, decision making, and handling conflict resolution with staff and customers.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience serving as client’s direct point of contact.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience working with product owner and rapid application development team coordinating all requirements from mapping to testing, including writing test scripts and test management.
• Experience with enterprise tools, such as Customer Relationship Management (Salesforce preferred), HCM, ERP and other COTS solutions
• Experience with requirements gathering and requirements management and/or user story development
• Experience with requirements/user story management tools and technologies
• Experience with many types of technologies and delivering out-of-the-box thinking and creative problem-solving possibilities
• Experience with multi-vendor, multi-year project experience
• Able to think strategically about projects and taking a proactive approach to identify and mitigate risks
• Able to look at the environment (clients, partner agencies and vendors) holistically and understanding how the project will impact areas beyond the stated scope
• Able to lead a Train-the-Trainer effort and effectively transfer knowledge to customers
• Adopt a collaborative approach and mutually respect members of the project team
• Lead a team of business analysts and system analysts with diverse skill sets in multiple locations, including offshore
• Desirable certifications:
o BA-BOK certification or training
o AWS Cloud Practitioner
o Salesforce Certification(s):
▪ Advanced Administrator
▪ Sales Cloud Consultant
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.