Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a fast growing, for profit company providing management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2500 professionals in 55 offices throughout the U.S, in Montreal, Canada, London, England and Lodz, Poland. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states, Canada and the EU to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, health plans, insurance departments, and private providers that do business with government agencies.
PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
Assigned short-term and long-term tasks on a variety of consulting and operational projects. Travel to client sites for meetings, observations, focus groups, and data collection. Expected to complete a wide range of work assignments that may include data collection, quantitative analysis, report design, report drafting, and preparation of various materials for client presentations. Work with a diverse set of public sector health and human service agencies, including but not limited to the following: state/local departments of developmental disabilities, aging, employment services, transitional assistance, vocational rehabilitation, early childhood, early intervention, child welfare, juvenile justice, and youth services. An understanding of human services operations, technology and the complex array of government funding streams that support human services is preferred but not essential.
• Provide assistance in managing complex projects and/or producing sophisticated deliverables.
• Assist with the implementation of major project phases or tasks.
• Lead clients through implementation and training processes.
• Support project implementations through informational briefings, trainings, communications management, and other post implementation support activities.
• Prepare materials for training seminars and workshops.
• Conduct business analysis of human services operations and IT systems, including early education, elder care, food stamps, mental health, developmental disability, child welfare, juvenile justice, cash assistance, etc.
• Facilitate requirements sessions for technology initiatives.
• Prepare and present parts of written status reports for clients (in MS Word or MS PowerPoint).
• Develop competency in federal and state policy
• Participate on proposal writing teams, including writing and coordinating submissions.
• Collect, enter and analyze project related data.
• Conduct presentations and oral briefings to state clients at all levels.
• Serve as a key contact for ongoing communications with clients.
• Work with project managers to develop new business.
• Ensure project quality and compliance with all related regulations.
• Other responsibilities as necessary.
• Commitment to exceptional client service and confidently lead.
• Creative problem-solving ability and consultancy mindset.
• Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
• Ability to move multiple projects forward within a specific timeline and budget.
• Strong analytical and financial data analysis skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
• Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
• Able to recognize issues and identify solutions.
• Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
• Travel to client sites required.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience required, Master's degree preferred.
• Research and project management experience
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in the fields of government, information technology, human services, workforce development, finance, , or the consulting field preferred.
• Knowledge or experience with state and local government programs and services preferred.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.