Ohio Contact Team Captain
PCG will hire and train a team of staff working remotely to support the Ohio Department of Health and Local Health Departments (LHDs) to perform COVID-19 contact tracing and case investigation in communities across Ohio.
The Contact Tracing Team Captain is responsible for overseeing 4 or more Supervisors responsible for the daily oversight and management of Contact Tracers. The Team Captain will be responsible for a broad range of team management and operations functions, including developing policies and procedures, providing subject matter expertise to contact tracing functions, coordinating with Local Health Departments and project clients, quality assurance and monitoring, mentoring new supervisors, ensuring completion of mandatory trainings, approving supervisors time sheets, and communicating information and policies to the teams they supervise.
This position is full-time (5 days/week). Team Captains will be assigned a set schedule for 35-40 hours/week to ensure coverage between 8:00am- 8:30pm daily. The position is temporary based off the needs of the project and the conclusion of the contract. Because the call center is open 7 days per week until from 8:00am - 8:30 pm, night and weekend work may be required.
The Contact Tracing Team Captain will report to the Operations Manager and will execute the day-to-day operations of the Contact Tracing Initiative. Team Captains will help ensure each Supervisor on the team is supported and that each team is well staffed, engaged, and effective in their roles. The Team Captain is responsible for the leadership of Contact Tracing Supervisors, providing direct supervision, oversight, and mentorship. The Contact Tracing Team Captain will not be responsible to perform the daily functions of the Contact Tracer or Supervisor role but must become familiar and knowledgeable in the systems in which the Contact Tracer teams are working and the processes they are charged with carrying out.
• Managing a group of Contact Tracing Supervisors, including hosting regular check-ins with Supervisors to identify common issues and identify solutions.
• Providing oversight and approvals for shift management ensuring adequate staffing each day; this includes handling weekend staffing, vacation requests, sick leave, and overtime.
• Act as an information source, answer supervisor and contact tracer questions and give instructions and guidance as needed. This includes staying up to date on the most recent guidance from the CDC and Ohio Department of Health regarding COVID-19 and ensuring that case interviewers/contact tracers understand and can communicate this guidance to cases/contacts.
• Being accountable for reaching and reporting metrics outlined in the plan by the Operations Manager
• Providing oversight and guidance for identifying and tracking Contact Tracing staff progress to daily and weekly goals.
• Implementing consistency in approach across the management team, ensuring the Contact Tracing Supervisor are conducting regular quality assurance checks and addressing data integrity issues on a timely basis.
• Serving as a point of escalation for the Contact Tracing Supervisors and Contact Tracers. Escalate issues to the Operations Manager, LHD, or ODH, as indicated.
• Communicating any process changes and/or new instructions to the team as appropriate.
• Liaising with partners and stakeholders at the LHD, ODH, local community, and other agencies/entities and communicate solutions, successes, and opportunities as relevant.
• Participating in daily internal meetings and weekly operations meetings.
• Current Ohio resident
• 12 months’ training/experience in supervisory principles and techniques.
o OR 12 months’ training/experience as ombudsman in governmental agency or private sector.
o OR 12 months’ experience as Customer Service Assistant 3 (64433) for assigned agency.
o OR equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above.
• Experience leading tracking and reporting processes
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
• Experience working in a remote setting.
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
• Experience working with diverse populations and individuals with complex needs.
• Ability to speak, read, and write English clearly and concisely. Fluency in a second or multiple languages would be a plus.
• Critical thinking and sound judgment.
• Full time availability (minimum of 35-40 hours per week).
• Must have a quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift.
• High proficiency in the use of a personal computer, data entry, Office 365, and Microsoft Teams. Must have personal equipment to use that meets the following requirements:
o This position requires that you have a computer with Windows 10 or a Mac with Apple OS X 10.13.
o We recommend having antivirus protection like windows defender and firewall on a PC or Sophos on a Mac.
o Tablets of any kind (iPads, Surface Pro, etc.) may not be used to perform this job.
o A headset or headphones with a microphone is required. A wired headset is recommended. Employees are not permitted to use personal phones to conduct contact tracing.
o Computer RAM required – 2GB
• Must have access to good/reliable and secure WiFi. Internet connection must be capable of speeds of 2Mbps upload and 4Mbps download.
• Experience in a healthcare, medical, public health, community social services, or related setting.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Experience conducting interviews.
• Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and independent work ethic.
• Must have good interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, or another related field preferred.
Public Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.