The Corporate Director of Communications and Public Relations is responsible for overseeing all external and internal company communications consistent with maintaining the firm’s reputation as a market leader in delivering solutions that matter to state and local governments.
The role includes leading a team of Communications Specialists in planning, developing and implementing communications strategies, initiatives, and campaigns (both internal and external) in collaboration with leaders across the firm to advance their marketing, business development, client retention, and risk mitigation agendas in targeted states and to make optimal use of business relationships.
This person will also craft strategies as required to engage Public Relations consultants having local knowledge in executing public awareness, marketing information and messaging initiatives to key stakeholders in the legislature, executive offices, and agency departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leading, mentoring, and supervising a team of corporate Communications Specialists, providing guidance and direction in the execution of internal and external communications and messaging consistent with PCG’s brand. Duties include managing direct reports, monitoring team members’ performance, and providing regular, structured feedback to support growth and development, as well as career advancement tracks within the firm.
• Developing and executing an integrated communications strategy for the firm to reinforce and strengthen brand consistency and project a positive company image to audiences including clients and interested government stakeholders, potential clients, potential employees, current employees, and business partners.
• Understanding and integrating the firm’s values and principles into all internal and external communications while ensuring PCG’s voice and tone are reflected consistently.
• Working with leaders across the firm to craft and implement marketing campaigns, incorporating consistent messaging which is aligned with business agendas as well as the PCG brand.
• Collaborating with PCG’s Legal and Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) groups to develop and implement crisis communications strategies which are informed by potential risks and threats to the company. Duties include managing communications in crisis situations, developing a crisis communications preparedness plan, and identifying opportunities to foster an environment of preparedness and response readiness.
• Performing analyses to evaluate outcomes and return on investment for communications initiatives.
• Working with PCG’s industry leaders to optimally position, promote, and gain recognition for successful large-scale projects.
• Managing media and public relations. Duties include assisting with the selection and management of external Public Relations consultants, as required, to support business initiatives.
• Setting and managing the Corporate Communications budget.
• Executing other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Public Relations or related field; Masters or experience equivalency preferred
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in Corporate Communications and/or Public Relations with prior experience as Communications Director or equivalent
• Thorough understanding of government agencies responsible for delivering health-related, human services and education services and oversight and policy development
• Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Project management experience
• Team management experience
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite of products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• Experience in Government Relations
• Experience in Public Relations
• Remote working as health climate dictates
• Overnight travel is required on occasion
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.