Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
• Provide project management and technical expertise on large-scale IT projects
• Provide technical oversight of applicable vendor and/or client processes, methodologies, and tools to minimize risk and validate the applicable requirements, standards and best practices are being followed on the project.
• Lead a portion of IV&V services in technical reviews and assessments of vendor and/or client tasks, deliverables, and work products, including providing recommendations for risk mitigation and acceptance.
• Monitor the technical aspects of the project and the vendor and/or client activities providing input and guidance that supports efficiencies to the client and project.
• Support the client and stakeholders in the planning and strategy discussions on the best approach for addressing risks and issues as they occur, in an effort to ensure that the project remains on schedule and within budget.
• Understand various software development life cycle methodologies and how they are used
• Oversees development of all deliverables, monthly reports and other work products
• Maintain project plans and schedules
• Participate in business development by identifying new opportunities and assisting with proposal development
• At least three (3) years of full time equivalent (FTE) experience, in the last five (5) years, performing IV&V services and applying either Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) or Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) best practices and industry standards on a large-scale business automation, software development project with integrated eligibility solutions which was federally funded, in part or in whole, by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS). A Large-scale system is defined as having more than one thousand users and a value over twenty-five million dollars.
• At least three (3) years of FTE experience, in the last five (5) years, leading risk management including: risk identification, mitigation and contingency planning for a large-scale system.
• At least two (2) years of FTE experience, in the last five (5) years, providing IV&V or consulting services which included analyzing a large-scale system for cloud readiness.
• At least three (3) years of FTE experience, in the last five (5) years, providing IV&V services for data conversion activities for a large-scale system
• At least three (3) years of FTE experience, in the last five (5) years, analyzing application, network, hardware and software operating platform performance relative to contractually guaranteed results and industry standards on a large-scale system.
• At least three (3) years of FTE experience in the last five (5) years, overseeing and validating the development and documentation of business requirements or business process flows for a large-scale system.
At least three (3) years of FTE experience, in the last five (5) years, working on a large-scale system, reviewing and assessing test plans and testing results according to IV&V standards or best practices.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.