About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCG’s seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/humanservices/.
This position is responsible for monitoring child care providers to determine compliance with laws, policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for performing monitoring visits and submitting recommendations to Team Leads for approval or denial of registration applications or renewals of child care
homes and centers within the assigned counties and caseload.
• Inspects and evaluates existing and proposed child care providers to monitor compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
• Performs limited work with owners, administrators, boards, and child care providers in an assigned geographic area to support conformity with child care regulation requirements
• Provides technical assistance to facility operators by conducting workshops, answering inquiries, and providing child care related information
• Recommends or denies registration for new applications or revocation of current registration forchild care providers to the State
• Investigates and documents abuse and/or neglect or licensure complaints in conjunction with socialservice personnel
• Works with the division and information technology group to maintain data regarding child care registration
• Prepares and maintains required records pertaining to child care registration activities and prepares reports as required
• Performs other related work as assigned
• Maintain the necessary flexibility to accommodate the need for a weekend and evening health and safety monitoring visit
• Informs and explains deficiencies requiring corrective action to child care providers, determines a recommendation for appropriate corrective action, establishes time frames for corrections and examines whether corrective action occurred
Bachelor’s Degree required, with coursework in elementary or early childhood education, sociology,
psychology, child development, or closely related field
Professional experience in the licensing of child care facilities, elementary or early childhood education, social services for children, (e.g., child abuse and neglect complaint investigations, foster child care, resource/referral, etc.), child health services, or experience in the provision of child care in a licensed child care home or a licensed or regulated child care facility.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.