Ohio Contact Tracer Overview:
PCG will hire and train a team of staff working remotely to support the Ohio Department of Health and Local Health Departments (LHDs) to perform COVID-19 contact tracing and case investigation in communities across Ohio.
The aim of this initiative will be to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, establish all contacts of this person, and proceed to call and maintain ongoing communication with every contact. In addition, the team will support the isolation and quarantine of individuals. This includes virtual needs checks and referral to community resources as needed. This contact tracing initiative is in tandem with statewide-wide efforts to increase testing, improve communication and knowledge of effective strategies to reduce transmission, and implementation of isolation and quarantine.
The Contact Tracer will use a web-based client resource management (CRM) platform to call all contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, determine exposure, assess symptoms, refer for testing according to established protocols, and provide them with instructions for isolation or quarantine. Contact Tracers will maintain ongoing communication with contacts to assess symptoms, ensure compliance with quarantine and determine social support needs and/or handle reporting of issues that arise. Contact Tracers are required to follow set scripts and adhere to policies and procedures. They will also comply with Department training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
• Call contacts of newly diagnosed cases
• Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner maintaining emotional and cultural awareness
• Collect and record information on symptoms and needs into the CRM with accuracy
• Provide contacts with approved information about isolation and quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or refer them to social resources
• Follow a set script to inform contacts about the importance of isolation or quarantine and what to do if symptoms are present or develop
• This role is currently a telework opportunity
• Adheres to contact center scheduling, ensures telephone coverage during contact center hours of operation
• The contact center will operate 7 days a week, Evening and/or weekend work may be required.
The position is temporary and may end at any time depending on the demand.
• Current Ohio resident required
• 9 months training/experience in office practices and procedures
• 9 months training/experience in public relations or customer service that include techniques for handling difficult people
• 9 months training/experience in typing, keyboarding, data entry, or word processing
• 9 months training/experience in the operation of a personal computer
• High school diploma, or equivalent required. Some college training preferred
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Remote, work from home environment
• Ability to speak, read, and write English clearly and concisely
• Employment is contingent on completion of a background check by PCG
• Own telephone, computer, wireless internet (WiFi) and electronic equipment.
• Must have access to a working PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device to use for this job.
• Experience in a healthcare, medical, public health, community social services, or related setting
• Experience conducting interviews
• Experience working in a remote setting
• Experience working with diverse populations and individuals with complex needs
• High proficiency in the use of a personal computer, data entry, Office 365, and Microsoft Teams
• Full-time availability (minimum 30 hours per week)
• Bilingual or multilingual (e.g., full fluency in a language other than English)
• Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and independent work ethic
• Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals and assist with identifying solutions to problems identified
• Adheres to established levels of service
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Sound judgment required
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
Public Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.