About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
The Data Manager is responsible for the data related requirements and design, data integrity and security, data mapping for application migration and integration, and data flows during project implementation. Data Manager role includes analyzing Client's existing data and the solution requirements to design how all data will be handled, including how data will be migrated, how data flows through all the integrated systems, how the data will be used and analyzed, complete data mapping, understand and develop database schemas, and designing/developing/managing SQL databases.
• Designing data migration pipeline between source and staging databases to target database
• Design and implementation of data migration programs/scripts
• Demonstrate expertise on platform specific object data model
• Perform database release automation process and support continuous Integration & Delivery
• Use creative problem-solving to automate the collection and analysis from available data sources in order to deliver actionable output
• Participate in post migration support, troubleshooting and answering end user questions
• Review and analyze data, matching it with migration scenarios, and determining where there are anomalies
• Create and manage data flow diagrams and responsible for understanding the overall data ecosystem of large enterprise system
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence or related field
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience programming experience in languages like Python
• Demonstrable ability in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing, or similar skill
• Experience with reporting tools like Tableau, Excel or other BI packages
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience hands-on experience with data analysis tools.
• Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience of hands-on experience in writing complex, optimized SQL queries across large datasets.
• Experience with enterprise tools, such as Customer Relationship Management (e.g., Salesforce), ERP and other COTS solutions
• Thinking strategically about projects and taking a proactive approach to identify and mitigate risks
• Looking at the environment (clients, partner agencies and vendors) holistically and understanding how the project will impact areas beyond the stated scope
• Taking a collaborative approach and having mutual respect among the vendor teams
• Leading teams with diverse skill sets in multiple locations, including offshore
• Bringing experience with many types of technologies and delivering out-of-the-box thinking and creative problem-solving possibilities
• Multi-vendor, multi-year project experienc
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.