About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
• Provide technical project management and oversight on large-scale IT projects
• Manage the IV&V team resources, budget, schedule, and scope.
• Lead IV&V reporting deliverables and requirements
• Manage communications with client, vendors, and project stakeholders
• Manage the IV&V findings (risk and issue) log
• Responsible for the quality of IV&V deliverables, work products, and communication
• Provide technical oversight of applicable vendor and/or client processes, methodologies, and tools to minimize risk and validate the applicable requirements, standards and best practices are being followed on the project.
• Lead a portion of IV&V services in technical reviews and assessments of vendor and/or client tasks, deliverables, and work products, including providing recommendations for risk mitigation and acceptance.
• Monitor the technical aspects of the project and the vendor and/or client activities providing input and guidance that supports efficiencies to the client and project.
• Support the client and stakeholders in the planning and strategy discussions on the best approach for addressing risks and issues as they occur, in an effort to ensure that the project remains on schedule and within budget.
• Understand various software development life cycle methodologies and how they are used
• Play a lead analyst role in the development of multiple IV&V deliverables
• Participate in business development by identifying new opportunities and assisting with proposal development
• 5+ years of overall IT industry experience
• 3+ years of technical project management experience
• Must be located in the Midwest region of US
• Desired: 3+ years IV&V
• Desired: State agency experience
• Ability to understand both the service delivery system for programs which are administered by states and monitored by federal regulators.
• Ability to understand and be an expert in complex federal regulations and requirements.
• Strong Microsoft Office applications skills, especially data analytics (i.e. ACCESS, SQL, SPSS)
• Ability to use sound judgment in completing tasks and to seek guidance when needed.
• Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
• Ability to move projects forward within a specific timeline and budget while working at a detailed level.
• Commitment to exceptional client service.
• Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
• Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
• Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
• Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current business issues.
• Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
• Excellent business writing skills and ability to make presentations to various audiences.
• Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ experience required and Master’s degree (MPA or government focused MBA) preferred
Experience: 5+ years of relevant work experience
This position is remote with travel/onsite requirements. PCG is a remote-friendly organization and is committed to creating a culture where remote work remains a vital part of the company’s success. To be successful in a remote work role at PCG, you must:
Some travel to the office or elsewhere may be required for team meetings, client meetings, etc.
We are accepting applications on an ongoing basis until filled.
Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $110,000-135,000 and a potential discretionary bonus of up to 15%. In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role, including medical and dental care benefits, 401k, PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.