About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess data migration needs and develop effective strategies.
• Execute end-to-end data migration processes, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and adherence to project timelines.
• Analyze and cleanse legacy data to meet the requirements of the new system.
• Work closely with stakeholders to define data mapping, transformation rules, and validation procedures.
• Troubleshoot and resolve data migration issues, ensuring smooth transitions and minimal disruptions.
• Develop and maintain documentation related to data migration processes, including mapping specifications and data quality standards
• Proven experience (5+ years) in data migration and conversion for legacy systems.
• In-depth knowledge of software applications and their data structures.
• Proficiency in data analysis, mapping, and transformation.
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
• Experience with relational databases (tables, view, queries, T-SQL and stored procedures)
• Experience with Data Migration, Merges of information as it relates to information systems
• Large-scale software application implementation, such as ERP applications, and go-live experience for projects at or greater than $10M in size/scope
• Project planning and management capabilities
** Must be located in the Midwest region of the U.S.
• Ability to understand both the service delivery system for programs which are administered by states and monitored by federal regulators.
• Ability to understand and be an expert in complex federal regulations and requirements.
• Strong Microsoft Office applications skills, especially data analytics (i.e. ACCESS, SQL, SPSS)
• Ability to use sound judgment in completing tasks and to seek guidance when needed.
• Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
• Ability to move projects forward within a specific timeline and budget while working at a detailed level.
• Commitment to exceptional client service.
• Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
• Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
• Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
• Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current business issues.
• Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
• Excellent business writing skills and ability to make presentations to various audiences.
• Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ experience required and Master’s degree (MPA or government focused MBA) preferred
Experience: 5+ years of relevant work experience
• This job operates in a professional office environment.
• This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours
This position is a remote with travel/onsite requirements. PCG is a remote-friendly organization and is committed to creating a culture where remote work remains a vital part of the company’s success. To be successful in a remote work role at PCG, you must:
Some travel to the office or elsewhere may be required for team meetings, client meetings, etc.
We are accepting applications on an ongoing basis until filled.
Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $100,000-130,000 and a potential discretionary bonus of up to 15%. In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role, including medical and dental care benefits, 401k, PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.