About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
• Provides leadership, management and direction for team providing cloud infrastructure and endpoint services
• Develop solutions to align with PCG strategy and to meet the business needs
• Collaborate with information security and business teams to build, monitor, and manage secure and compliant cloud environments.
• Develop roadmap and manage solutions for monitoring, data protection, patching and configuration management tools
• Design and deploy scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable infrastructure application environments
• Design, build, test, and execute endpoint device management solutions
• Design and support infrastructure disaster recovery solutions
• Develop technical procedure documents and user support guides
• Communicate relevant information to PCG management and business units affected by changes or problems within the cloud environments
• Interact with vendors for product information, maintenance, billing, contract issues, and the timely resolution of escalated problems
• Interact with application teams on business requirements and translate them into technical specifications with solution proposals
• Lead proof of concept engagements and evaluate next generation architectures and solutions
• Ensure compliance with all related regulations and support PCG’s audit efforts
• Assist with budget development, financial management and variance analysis
• Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation, for technical escalations and incident management
• Serve as a technical leader and mentor
• All other duties as assigned
• Experience with implementation and support of IaaS environments within AWS and/or Azure
• Experience developing services in multiple domains -- infrastructure, security, application architectures
• Experience in designing and deploying configuration, patch, and vulnerability management tools
• Experience in designing and deploying cloud disaster recovery solutions
• Experience in designing and implementing infrastructure monitoring and logging solutions
• Experience in designing and implementing endpoint management services
• Experience with Microsoft technologies including AD, ADFS, DFS Namespace, Print Services
• Experience with DNS, SSL certificates, Domain Registrations
• Expert knowledge of information security concepts
• Exceptional collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Experience with budget development and budget management
• Good written and verbal communication skills to effectively articulate complex cloud designs to technical and non-technical audiences
• Initiative to engage in continuous personal development and learning new technologies
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage a broad range of tasks and technical personnel
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications, or related field equivalent experience required
Experience: 10 years of relevant IT industry experience leading to an excellent understanding of cloud computing technologies and modern computing trends
At least 3 years of supervisory/management experience
Strong experience with compliancy standards and frameworks: ITIL, SOC1, SOC2, NIST, ISO 27001
Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate + Professional
Azure Solution Architect Expert
IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v.3
• This job operates in a professional office environment.
• This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours
This position is remote with travel/onsite requirements. PCG is a remote-friendly organization and is committed to creating a culture where remote work remains a vital part of the company’s success. To be successful in a remote work role at PCG, you must:
Some travel to the office or elsewhere may be required for team meetings, client meetings, etc.
We are accepting applications on an ongoing basis until filled.
Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $140,000-160,000 and a potential discretionary bonus of up to 15%. In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role, including medical and dental care benefits, 401k, PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.